- To install your house number tile, you need: tile adhesive and painters masking tape,
both available in any hardware store.
- Make sure the surface is clean, or wipe with a wet cloth.
- Lay your number tiles on a table and measure the size.
- Draw a mark on the wall where the number will be placed.
- Get the tiles one by one and cover 90% of the back with tile adhesive and press it onto the wall,
remember to leave edges clean, adhesive will spread.
- Repeat step 5 for each tile you have.
- Now clean any extra adhesive from the corners of the number tiles.
- Place the masking tape to hold the tiles in place until the adhesive dries.
(time recommended 24 hrs)
- One last recommendation is to use as much as masking tape you need to avoid that tiles slide down
and dry in the wrong position.
- By law, house numbers should be clearly displayed on the property.
Take a walk to the front of your property and evaluate your own situation.
- Use numbers at least 4 inches tall so they can be seen easily from the street,
there is not point in putting up a beautiful tile number if you can't read them.
- Where possible align numbers horizontally, not vertically.
aligning numbers vertically reduces their legibility.
- Illuminate numbers if possible they can be easily seen at night,
(in some countries Police & Fire brigades strongly recommends lighting numbers).
- Install it near the front door, usually is what people are looking for, house numbers aren' t for you,
they're for the people trying to find you. e.g. Emergency Services, Australia Post, Taxis, Couriers, Friends